Monday, January 9, 2012

The Beginning of the End

As we welcome in the new year, it is not uncommon to initiate resolutions, hoping to challenge oneself to improve and grow throughout the year. Beginning the last semester of my final year in college, I hope to do just this. Share a glimpse into my life and those who have had a tremendous impact on my journey thus far. Cheers to a year of adventure and an encounter with some of God's most beautiful creatures.

Exotic. Simple. Joyful. Artistic. 
Meet one of my closest friends, Lia. She is a true, Turkish beauty. We met years ago while venturing through the jungles of Florida (our backyard) and boating through the inlets of the eastern coast. In recent years we've reconnected and found so much joy in one another's company. I think everyone would agree that Lia is a gem of a friend, one who brings the most pure happiness to all. This Christmas break I spent nights caroling, playing bananagrams, predicting our futures around a campfire, sipping wine and soaking up the beauties this world has to offer with Lia. Isn't it the simplest of things in life that bring such tremendous happiness to our hearts? Lia is now off teaching in Hawaii, bound to fall in love with an exotic Hawaiian surfer. But she will never forget her roots in our small town and those she has brought such joy to.

1 comment:

  1. geez Emily. Cryin all over my computer on a Monday night!

    ReplyDelete